This DIY is perfect for when you need to hydrate your lips but want a subtle pop of colour.
- Tin Foil
- Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline)
- Coconut Oil (optional)
- Empty Container
- Cooking pan
- Paper towel
*if you don’t want the lip balm to be tinted, you can proceed without the lipstick
- First, shape your tin foil into a boat like figure as presented in the photo.
- Place your pan onto the stove and put the heat on a medium temperature.
- Take your tin foil boat and put it in the center of your pan.
- With a spoon, measure equivalently 1 2/3 tablespoons of petroleum jelly, 2/3 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2/3 tablespoons of honey.
- Mix those ingredients in the tin foil until they all melted.
- Now is the time where you may add in any colour of lipstick.
- Mix until all thoroughly combined. (if the liquid starts to make bubbles, turn the heat down)
- Be cautious as you remove the foil from the heat and turn the stove off.(you can wait for it to cool down a bit before you move it)
- Place some paper towel to avoid mess as you pour the balm into the container. Mix it with your toothpick.
- Put your lip balm in the freezer for 20 minutes.*
*Tip: before placing your lip balm in the freezer, take the lid off.
How to apply:
Take your ring finger and swirl it inside the pot. Swipe the product across your lips then gently pat it in. Rub your bottom and top lip together to distribute the product evenly. Remember, a little goes a long way.