Hey everyone! Today I will be showing you my personal top 5 favourite DIYs. They’re super fun, easy, cool, creative and affordable. Let’s begin!
1. Mason Jar Lanterns
- Mason jar
- Glass gems
- A glue gun
- A candle/ battery operated light
- Take your glue gun and stick a full layer of gems around the mason jar.
- Unscrew the lid and place a light or a candle inside the jar.
- Then put the cap back on. If you decided to use a candle make sure the cap isn’t fully sealed.
No need for dull lights when you can have a Mason Jar Lantern!
Click this link for a video: https://youtu.be/Vf657A2uST0
2. S’mores Dip
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate chips
- An oven safe pan
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Dump the chocolate chips into a pan.
- Create a layer of marshmallows over the chocolate chips.
- Put the pan into the oven and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Make sure to watch it carefully and take it out once they’re golden brown.
- Pull out your gram crackers and scoop your yummy s’mores dip onto the cracker.
Perfect for when you want delicious s’mores but don’t want to make it the old-fashioned way!
3. Watercolour Sharpie Pillows
- A blank pillow case (made of cotton)
- Rubbing alcohol
- Q-tips/ tissues
- Tracers (optional)
- Draw the design of your choice using the sharpies. If you’re not an artist (like me) or you’re afraid of messing up, use tracers for better results.
- Time to blend! Take a Q-Tip or a tissue and dip it in rubbing alcohol. Next rub the Q-Tip or tissue on the design that you have created. Or you can pour the rubbing alcohol directly onto the pillow and then fill it in.
- Toss your pillow case into the dryer for about 20 minutes (depending on how damp it is). Take it out once it’s dry, place it on your pillow and that’s all there is too it.
Now you can have your own personal designed pillows around your home!
4. Coloured Flowers
- White flowers
- Food colouring
- Pick out any flowers of your choice. Just make sure that they’re white because that is mandatory in order for this to work.
- Fill the cups with water.
- Choose your desired colour that you want your flowers to be and then add the food colouring.
- Let time take its course for a few days and soon the colour will kick in .
What a perfect decoration for the spring time!
5. A Home For Your Pet
- A card board box
- An old t-shirt
- A pillow/ blanket
- Decorative tools
- First you will need to take a pair of scissors and cut off the opening flaps of the box.
- Take your t-shirt and put it over the box so that the neck hole is where the flaps of the box were cut out.
- Make your pet feel more comfortable by placing a pillow or a blanket at the bottom.
- Don’t forget to decorate! You can use paint, markers, stickers etc.
Why spend your money when you can use things you have at home that will make your pet just as happy?
I hope you enjoy!