Hey guys this week I will be teaching you guys how to create a cool mini DIY mason jar aquarium made out of stuff you might have at home!
This can be used for real fish that you would like to have as pets or if you aren’t allowed pets you can also use it as a decoration for your room.
For more info, click here: http://alittleclaireification.com/2015/05/11/mini-mason-jar-aquariums-summer-in-jars-series/
Things you will need:
- A mason jar (pack of 12) $7 – $13
- Fish gravel or small pebbles (Gravel= $25) Pebbles= FREE
- Live Fish $5 – $25
- Fake Fish $1 – $3
- Decor $5 – $15
- Water Conditioner (IF YOU HAVE LIVE FISH) $9.99
- Water- FREE
Now that you know all the supplies for this home craft, all you need to know is how to make it! And now I will show you how with a few easy steps!
- First, get out your mason jar and open it. Save the cover for something else if you have live fish
- Secondly, take your pack of gravel and pour some to the bottom of your mason jar. Or put your pebbles at the bottom of the jar
- Fix your decor into the sole of your mason jar so it doesn’t move
- Pour water into your mason jar so it is almost at the top of your jar. If you have a fake fish put it in now
- If you have live fish wait till after
- Now add a few drops of water conditioner into your water
- Finally add your live fish into your water
NOTE TO SELF:
If you have live fish DO NOT put the cover back on, save it for another DIY project. Unless you would like to kill your fish. If your fish are fake, you can put the cover back on. If you have fake fish and you want to make it look nicer before you put the gravel in put glue all over the inside of you jar and add glitter. Empty the excess glitter and continue with the process.
Now that you are finished, admire your mini mason jar aquarium!